Mindfulness for children and teens
Individual sessions for children are available with Martina. Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian and consent obtained.
The practice of mindfulness both formally as meditation and informally in our day-to-day lives offers a way of learning to “be with” our experiences moment by moment within ourselves.
Benefits for children are widely researched and documented.
- Increased sense of calm and greater confidence
- Enhanced ability to focus and pay attention
- Improved observation listening and communication skills
- Greater self-awareness and understanding leading to less reactivity, anger and frustration
- Enhanced relationships with peers, tutors, teachers and parents
- Increased empathy and understanding
This process of learning in sessions occurs both through individual instruction and through the experience of hands-on work if the child and parent are comfortable with this approach. Martina can demonstrate the work on the parent with the child present as a way of explaining what is involved.The focus of this work is on self-awareness, stress relief and well being.
Hands on work is known to enhance the experience of ‘being present’. Martina specialises in bodywork as a profound modality for healing, relief of anxiety, stress and it is extremely helpful in learning to practice self-compassion.